CAPCO’s or Certified Capital Companies are programs that help with debts and lending. They assist with economic development and creating jobs in such places as high tech companies, for example. It’s a very successful tool used in developing economies where business growth is necessary.
CAPCO programs are intended to:
- Help strengthen the economy.
- Encourage venture capital companies to spend in areas that need funds.
- Increase tax revenues.
- Create effective and high paying jobs.
Let’s explore to find out where the seed money and funds are going to come from in order to be able to start a successful enterprise that is small and that needs the experience and funds.
This type of money is often used for research and the development of new products. Seed money can come from savings and loans companies that can provide the necessary and required funds for small start-ups and new technology corporations. The investors of these firms, or newly based companies, can be accredited investors, as well as Venture Capitalists.
The reason new companies need seed money to succeed, is that early investments will support the startup business until it can begin to make money and generate a cash flow. There are several ways of obtaining seed money funding; through family, friends and Venture Capital companies.
These are expert funding companies that assist entrepreneurs and small business owners, who have funding needs and require seed money, to be able to start their own company. The venture capitalist will help these individuals to get on their feet fast. They are professionals who will fund entities that cannot obtain capital by traditional means, such as banks and financial institutions.
Seed funding sometimes will involve some risks for Venture Capitalists, as there is no established project and no existing entity, yet. The offer of funds is perhaps a bit lower than usual venture capital investments where millions of dollars are contributed.
The investor looks at:
- The key idea or the skills and capabilities of the ones who are founding the project, to see if they are reliable and dependable.
- Whether they will be able to repay these loans and advances?
- How great is the product or service that is being provided?
- How strong is the idea and actual capability of the individual or individuals who are borrowing?
These are some of the questions that an investor or Venture Capitalist company will look into before they get involved.